New to Comic Genesis? Start here!
The Beginner's Guide
This is the section for guides on the absolute basics of Comic Genesis.
Short note: As of the 5th of September, Comic Genesis will no longer be accepting domain parking (this means having your mycomic.comicgenesis.com show up as mycomic.com). Any queries should be made in this thread.
- Creating An Account: The Signup Process
- Troubleshooting logging into the new SiteAdmin
- Getting Your Comics and Images Ready
- The Step-By-Step Guide
- Tagtorial: Guide to the "KeenTags"
- Server Paths and Your HTML Code
- Quick guide on this "FTP" thing people are talking about
- Short guide to using CG's WebFTP client
- The Banner and Avatar Guide
- Changing Passwords on your accounts
- Advertising on your Comic Genesis site
- Default Files: indextemplate.html and dailytemplate.html
- List of words used on Comic Genesis that may not mean what you think
The Intermediate User's Guide
This is the section for guides on additional features and making your comic site look nice:.
- A short discussion about making your site look better
- Adding more pages
- Getting rid of Unwanted Strips
- How to add text and comments to your comic pages
- Correcting mistakes in comments
- Replacing text links with navigation buttons
- Adding a stroyline dropdown
- Using the calendar keentags for your archive
- Adding a Comic Genesis NewsBox
- Adding a generic news box
- Creating a pog
- Template Library (Note: Some templates currently unavailable, new ones added)
- Tip: Which font size to use?
- Tip: Start with the banner
- Tip:SEO and You
The Advanced User's Guide
This is the section for guides on adding advanced features.
- Contributing a Genchan
- Advanced Options in siteadmin explained
- Dropdown scripts and instructions on their use
- Image Viewer add-ins
- Installing the Comic Commenter on your comic (Note: Uses third party host and software)
- Linking your Blogger blog with your Comic Genesis comic (Note: Uses third party host and software)
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Try the Comic Genesis Help Center if you have specific questions.
If you want a tutorial for something that isn't here but should be and would benefit a lot of people, add it to the list of wanted tutorials and someone, someday may get around to writing it...
Found a bug or error?
Check the known bugs page and see if the problem is listed there.